Sunday, September 13, 2009

IntelliGender



My Dr's office told me last week that there was a super long wait for the ultrasound, so they re-scheduled my appointment for this next week.
I was super bummed because I wanted to find out the gender!
Last night I bought a Parent magazine and found a section that was all about alternative ways to find out what the baby is. I was about to ignore it since most of the test I've been told are dangerous. But this one is a urine test, so I read about it online since it said the test was 85-90% accurate as soon as 10 weeks!

Here is the website to find out more info in case you want to know for yourself, or if your the type who fears I've done something totally selfish and dangerous...

http://www.intelligender.com/pages.php?pageid=5

We read up on the website for about a half and hour or so, enjoying the information including all the old wives tales myths I hate since they're all over the place, but fun yes.

So in the spirit of having fun with myths and Chinese calenders (Myths quiz say boy, Calendar says girl) Ben and I decided to give it a shot and he went to a late night Walgreens to pick one up!

We had fun seeing how "Lab like" the test was, and ten minutes later we got a very bright orange color which = girl!!!

They say to never ignore the importance of ultrasounds, so of course I'll still get one this week and have them give me their prediction. They also can be wrong too, but the odds are about the same. If both are wrong I'd probably wait again and re-do both later.

But for now that would be exciting huh? Another girl, a sister, another princess! If you think this means not so much shopping, I'd say it would be a more dangerous way of shopping, nothing I would need, all what I would want! LOL I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment